Monday, November 1, 2010

The power of doing nothing

I know that sounds like a corny title, but it really describes what happened to me today. I woke up today and realized that I have been working on school, being with friends, or working on deanelazab.com pretty much non stop for a month. This lead me to being stressed out and feeling tired constantly, and I really wanted to make a change. I sat down with my friend and asked him how I should go about doing this and we discussed how I could start taking it easier.


After a while of talking, I thought of how little I watched television. I then decided that I was going to try and just lie down and watch tv for a night. This was a lot harder than it sounds. I have grown attached to my computers and social networks, and it took this experience to learn just how much it affected me. When I was laying down I kept thinking that I should check my phone or check my computer. It took a lot to just sit there unconnected to the world. I realized how much I feel the need to be connected to the world, either through friends or news sites.


After this day I actually did feel more relaxed. I learned that it is ok to disconnect from the world and just be by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment