Thursday, November 25, 2010

Getting caught up in everything

Gambling erupted once more following a recessi...Image via WikipediaI have only been away from SMU for a day and I can already feel the effects. I feel slowed down, feel like I have more time, and can just relax. Its amazing what getting away can do for you. I am currently in Las Vegas with my family and I am really enjoying myself, but not because of the activities.

Waking up I realized that I did not have a million things to do. I wasn't stressed about class or homework, or even what all my friends were doing. It was this feeling of unconnectedness that really lead to me slowing down. I could just enjoy the time I was having here.

What  I really understand from this is that you cannot be in one environment for too long. I have been at my apartment and SMU for months without a break and realized how a schedule and routine can take over your life. I started seeing every day by what I did per hour and tried to optimize my time. While that kind of mind set can help productivity, it is not good to stay in for that long.

Another thing I realized was how easy blog ideas for deanelazab.com have been coming to me. Now that I am not in my usual routine I am seeing different things and relating them to what I write about. Basically everyone should realize that there is more to life then your immediate surroundings, and getting away from that surrounding can really help you.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment