Monday, November 8, 2010

My creative work

When I got my blog review grade I was pretty impressed. I felt like I put a lot of work into this project and and was happy with the grade, but one thing was apparently lacking; personal creative work. This made me think about what is technically considered creative in what I make on a day to day basis. My conclusion was my professional blog at deanelazab.com. Every day I put a few hours into creating a post, moderating, and spreading my blog. But then I thought about how this was just type, and maybe not considered "creative". I then realized that I create something else everyday. This product is intangible, but still measured. It was my online identity.

I spend hours crafting not just a blog, but my identity online. I show myself as a professional in the social media world, and doing this is what I consider creative. I take type and use it to personify on a screen. I create the illusion of knowing me without ever meeting me in person. It might be my fever that is making this seem like an amazing idea at the present, but I like it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment