Thursday, September 30, 2010

The suprise in Advertising

Today we talked about the creative roles in agencies, and I have to say I found the lecture very enlightening. I have always thought of myself as a creative visionary with no follow through due to skill. I can come up with some awesome ideas and see them come to fruition in my head, but when it comes to drawing or creating them I falter. Because of this, I thought that I would have to move to the business and account management side of advertising, but after today I am rethinking that.

Art director seemed like a great position for me because I know I can explain my ideas to artist and help keep an overall project going, but I thought that the lack of artistic experience would really hold me back. Now I know that I can at least try to break into this position with the skills I already have. Today's lecture really helped me put my major in perspective and to see what I want to do with this degree after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment