Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cant escape your childhood

This weekend I came home to see my parents and go to a show in New Orleans. When I got home I realized how much you cant escape being a kid. My parents immediately wanted to hear everything I have done, bring me to dinner, and generally want to help me any way they could. After living for a two months in my single apartment I started feeling pretty independent and self-sustaining; but that feeling quickly melted away when I was home.



Waking up and being around my family, having cooked meals, and just seeing everyone really made me feel special. Its hard to see why everyone wants to grow up and leave their home when you realize how much you leave behind. My parents were extremely happy to see me and that to them, this was the return of a child who they hadn't seen for two months. It must be hard to go through that and I have been so involved in my own goals that I forgot about this. I think that everyone should really take a break from being an independent college student and just revert back to being a kid in your parents home every once in a while.  This will give you a fresh perspective on what you have been doing and give you a new view on how you live on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment