Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wait, I havent turned on my tv in how long?

Today marks the two week mark since the last time I have used my TV. Even now, I haven't turned it on to watch cable, but to play some games on my ps3. Its crazy thinking how dependent I used to be on cable. I used to always keep my television running for white noise and just a way to combat the solitude. Now I use music and podcast, and it really made me think about the shift in media.



Ten years ago televisions were the number one source of entertainment in the home. I remember everything coming from there, whether its news, cartoons, or music. Now we have shifted this focus to the computers. User generated content and the freedom to choose what you read has made the computer a huge hit in the entertainment field. People no longer want to be told when to watch what they like, they want to do it on their schedules. I just think this is really interesting and makes me wonder what the next evolution of entertainment will be. Televisions are starting to add "apps" in an attempt to stay current, but I do not think this enough. I would like to see more unibody computers that will replace televisions that come with a wireless keyboard. This way we can really move the user generated content to the couch and living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment