Sunday, October 3, 2010

Plane manners

Do you ever see people in an airport and just ask "why are they acting like this in public?" Today while I was in the airport I saw some people do things that just made me want to call them out so badly. One person seriously cut the entire line for the medal detector and then said that "he needed to see the end of the game at the bar" as his excuse. It was funny that for a split second, everyone was feeling and thinking the same thing. It was a kind of general hatred for someone which, if rallied, could have caused a small riot the likes of a wallmart the day after thanksgiving and destroyed the cultural concept of lines and order.


This made me think about how everyone tries to follow these unspoken laws of civilization; not cutting people off driving, holding the door for someone behind you, and letting people in front of you actually use the service before you. When one person breaks these rules, everyone questions whether they should follow them as well. I mean, who cares if some strangers give you a weird look, you came out on top and got to go in front of everyone right? 
Sometimes it is just entertaining to think about how humans would act in a certain situation, I would encourage my readers to take some time when you are in a public place and just watch and see if you can spot an event similar to the one I encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment